Dear Patients of Contemporary Smiles,
We miss you! The Contemporary Smiles Team hopes you and your family are in good health and spirits. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Michigan Dental Association (MDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
As of this month, we are only seeing patients whose needs are essential and are unable to postpone treatment. Please call the office at (248) 754-1111 if you have any question regarding this issue.
We are organized, responsible, and prepared to reopen the office when allowed to do so by our governor. Oral health is important and many patients in Michigan have conditions that are getting worse. The good news is that our friends in other states have already started reopening. Although we do not currently have a definite reopen date, we are ready and will continue to be a part of the solution.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Drs. Terry Buday, David Tapani, and the Contemporary Smiles Team